One of my favorite things to buy at Goodwill San Antonio is the miscellaneous bags of Christmas ornaments. They are usually priced $1.99 and are packed with lots of holiday goodies. I love that you can find these year round, too, and start planning early. I paired the ornaments with some other items from Goodwill to make adorable gifts that are quick and easy to make.
To make the treat jars:
- Glue an ornament to the lid of the container. (How cute are these elves?)
- Paint the elf and lid one color. I also painted mine with glitter paint to get a holiday shimmer.
- Embellish the jar or bottle with glass paint.
To make the votive holder:
- Paint the ornament. I used white paint and glitter paint.
- Glue the ornament to the front of the container.
- Add a candle.
- Glue the ornament to the top of the container.
- Paint the jar and ornament one color. I used a spray paint with a hammered finish.
There you have it: three quick, inexpensive gift ideas! You can fill these containers with homemade treats or candy. It's easy to make several in no time. Here are a few other gift ideas with Goodwill finds. You can find the full tutorial here.