1. Cut a piece of Oly-Fun in the desired color to make the hat. Make it 11 inches long by 5 inches wide.
2. Fold the fabric in half and cut at an angle as pictured.
4. Cut a 12 inch long piece of craft wire. Curl the end of the wire into a circle, and insert the straight end into the point of the styrofoam cone.
5. Slide the hat over the wire, and hot glue the fabric to the cone.
6. Wrap the rest of the cone with Oly-Fun fabric. Hot glue the fabric onto the cone, and trim off the excess fabric.
7. Glue a tuft of Poly-Fil stuffing fiber under the hat to make a puffy beard for the Christmas gnome.
8. Embellish the Christmas gnome with pom poms, decorative trim, and buttons. Hot glue the embellishments into place to complete the piece.
Once the Christmas gnome is assembled, the hat can be bent and styled as desired. He can have a different hat look everyday!
For more fun projects using Oly-Fun fabric, click HERE.
For more quick and easy Christmas crafts, click HERE.
I am a Master Maker for Fairfield World and originally published this tutorial on their site.