With school back in session and fall around the corner, we’ll all be dealing with the sniffles soon. Why not carry your pocket tissues with some whimsy? My Pocket Tissue Monsters are easy to make and are a fun project to do with kids.
Embellishments (google eyes, pom poms, etc.)
1. Measure felt so it is three times as long as your pocket tissue and about one inch wider.
2. Fold your felt rectangle into thirds, slightly overlapping (as pictured).
3. Stitch the edges closed.
4. Flip the pouch inside out.
5. Cut embellishments from felt: teeth, lips, hats, mustache, antennae, etc.
6. Use glue (I used Alene’s Tacky Glue) to adhere embellishments and build the face.
Have fun mixing and matching the pieces to build funny monster faces!
Once the glue has dried, insert the pocket tissues and pull one out to look like the monster is eating it. Fun! You and your kids won’t mind carrying tissues around anymore!
Just for kicks, I’d love to give someone the tissue monster of their choice. You can enter below. Good luck and thanks for letting me hang out with you today!
these are perfect for the residents to make where I work – I’ll let you know how they turn out! chani
Such a cute idea Morena!
Morena, these are seriously adorable! Ben fatto! 😉