Oly*Fun fabric cuts perfectly without fraying, which makes it great to use with die-cutting machines. I’m going to show you how to use Oly*Fun fabric with your die cutting machine AND your Silhouette electronic cutter to create custom wall art. Keep reading till the end to see more fun Silhouette projects from my crafty friends.
This post first appeared at the Fairfield World site.
Supplies: (click to order using my affiliate link)
- Fairfield Oly Fun Multipurpose Craft Material
- Foamology 2-Piece Design Foam Tile, 12 by 12 by 0.5-Inch, Rigid
- Silhouette Cameo
- Mod Podge 8-Ounce Glue, Fabric
Step one: I am using a download that I purchased for my Silhouette cutting machine. With the Silhouette, I use a fabric blade and the slowest fabric settings to cut my Oly*Fun.
Step two: I hand cut tiny leaves to add color to my image.
Step three: Die cut other embellishments, like the flowers.
(Note: You could use just an electronic cutter or dies to make the whole project. I used both for this example so you could see how versatile the fabric is and how well it cuts with both the machine and the dies.)
Step four: Cover a Foamology board with Oly*Fun fabric.
Step five: Use Mod Podge to adhere the pieces to the board. Seal with another layer of Mod Podge and let it dry.
Isn’t is gorgeous? I love the vibrant colors that Oly*Fun fabric is available in. This makes it so easy to make wall art in any size to complement the colors and patterns in your home. Ready for more fun Silhouette crafting ideas? Check these projects out:
2. Holy Craft – Easy Vinyl and Foil Sign From Old Box
3. Patina Paradise – Painted Wood Mason Jar Door Hanger
4. Dwell Beautiful – Customized Coldplay Song Lyric Tote Bag
5. C’mon Get Crafty – Silhouette Shirt: Silhouette Monthly Challenge
6. Tried & True – Teacher Appreciation Travel Mug
7. Morena’s Corner – Silhouette Wall Art
8. Simply Darrling – Easy DIY World Map with Hymn Quote
9. DIY Passion – DIY Cake Toppers and Birthday Banners
10. Dream Design DIY – Hangry Kitchen Tray
11. Pocketful of Posies – Thonet Yardsale Chair Makeover into One of a Kind Office Chair