Valloween is a fun mashup for those of us who love spooky stuff! Combine Valentines with Halloween to make creepy cute crafts like this one! I used my favorite vinyl from StyleTech Craft to make this haunting project. This Valloween box DIY is fun and easy to make using just a few items.
Valloween Box DIY Supplies
- StyleTech Craft’s Opal Vinyl
- Death’s Kiss Cut File
- Heart Shaped Box
- Folkart One Decor Classic Black Paint
- Transfer Tape
This short video tutorial shows you exactly how I made this project. Here’s a summary of the instructions:
I’ve prepped my box by painting the lid with this beautiful beautiful deep dark black paint. Use a matte black so that the opal vinyl design will really stand out and pop!
- Cut the couple, the phrase, moons, stars and stripes from the opal vinyl. It’s one of my favorites because the color changes as you move the vinyl. It’s stunning and I’ve never seen anything like it!
- Weed the vinyl. For tiny details like the teeth I use the “reverse weeding” technique so that I won’t lose any of the details! Reverse weeding is when you apply transfer tape, peel the vinyl off the backing, and then weed from the back of the vinyl (the sticky side). The vinyl pieces you want to keep should stay safely on the transfer tape.
- Transfer the kissing skeleton couple to the box front.
- Embellish the box top with the phrase, moon, and stars.
- Randomly place the stripes around the bottom of the box to break up the pink and to tie the base in with the top design.
All that’s left to do now is fill this Valloween box DIY with the recipients favorite treats! This large box will hold lots of fun things. Have fun crafting and creating something for Valentine’s Day or for Valloween with this gorgeous opal vinyl from StyleTech Craft!