This taco Valentine shirt DIY is a cute way to show your real passion this holiday! This is a sponsored post with Printable Cuttable Creatables but all ideas and opinions are my own.
I’m thrilled to be a new member on the Printable Cuttable Creatables Design Team, because I love the fun and colorful SVG files available in their shop. Here’s my first project as a part of that team.
Who doesn’t love tacos? The second I saw this fun design in the shop I just knew I HAD to make a shirt with it. I love that the file delivers not just one but THREE layering options. I combined the two HTV options to create a vibrant shirt design with a pop of glitter on the taco element.
Taco Valentine Shirt DIY Supplies Used
- Tacos are My Valentine SVG File
- Pink T-shirt
- White Heat Transfer Vinyl
- Red, Green, and Gold Iron on Vinyl
- Silhouette Cutting Machine
- Iron or Mini Heat Press Machine
I created a very short video that shows exactly how I made this fun, colorful shirt. Here is a brief overview of the steps shown in the video:
- Import the SVG files to the program you use with your cutting machine. I use Silhouette Design Studio, but the files will work with any program you use!
- Separate the files by color. I used Option 3 for the white vinyl, and Option 2 just for the glittery taco pieces.
- Mirror the images before you cut them from the heat transfer vinyl.
- Cut and weed the vinyl.
- Plan and layer your vinyl pieces. Use the white vinyl cut as your template and plan what will go behind that and in front of it.
- Iron on each layer until the design is complete.
Have fun crafting and creating your own taco shirt for Valentine’s Day!