To make your own:
1. Paint the edge of the plaque (I purchased this one at Michael’s.) I used two coats of paint.
2. Apply Mod Podge to the unpainted surface and smooth scrapbook paper on, like I did here.
3. After it has dried, trim and sand the paper .
4. Use cardstock stickers to spell the name.
5. Ink all the edges (I used Tim Holtz distress ink pad in Tea).
6. Seal with Mod Podge Antique Finish. (Or tint your MP like I did here.)
7. Screw the hook (purchased at Walmart) into the back of the plaque. Add a sawtooth hanger to the back.
This fun little bit of wall decor is now ready to hold hats, headbands, keys, etc. A fast, frugal, fabulous project that is sure to bring a smile.
Who would you make one for, and what theme would it be?