This llama lumbar pillow DIY is both cute and comfortable! This is a sponsored post with Fairfield World.
This adorable lumbar pillow is so soft and cute! I have it in my office chair and I love the support it gives me. Plus, when it’s not in use it provides a smile thanks to the llama‘s whimsy. I created this project as part of a giveaway with Fairfield World, so make sure you keep reading till the end of the post so you can enter for a chance to win an awesome prize!
Llama Lumbar Pillow DIY Supplies
- Poly-Fil Premier Lumbar Pillow Insert 14″ x 28″
- Luxe Cuddle Rose Fabric in Ivory by Shannon Fabrics
- White Fleece Fabric
- Fusible webbing
- Iron-On Glitter HTV
- Llama face cut file
- Embroidery Floss
I’ve created a short video tutorial that shows you how I made it, but here is a quick recap of the steps I took:
- Cut the cuddle rose fabric with a one-inch seam allowance. Sew three sides and leave the bottom open for the insert.
- Cut the fleece fabric to make a face, and cut fusible webbing to attach the face to the body of the pillow.
- Cut the llama face from glitter HTV. Iron the face onto the pillow body.
- Use embroidery floss to blanket stitch around the face.
- Add the pillow insert and sew the case closed.
- Pinch the corners to make ears and use embroidery floss to sew it.
- Create tassels using embroidery floss and stitch them onto the pillow, also using embroidery floss.
All done! This was a quick project that would make a fun gift, don’t you think? Check out these other ideas for ways to create with the lumbar pillow insert:
Enter for the chance to win a $100 gift card to JoAnn Stores and a 10 pound box of Poly-Fil. YAY!