Create decor or delight someone with this adorable Valentine shaker box! This is a sponsored post with Maker’s Movement.
This adorable Valentine shaker box is going to bring some February cheer to my desk all month long! This colorful piece is extra cute because of all the miniature details. I’ve mentioned before how obsessed I am with the itty bitty shaker sprinkles from Maker’s Movement, and their new line is as adorable as ever. Look at how cute the tiny conversation hearts are! I also used their new paper line AND new die set to make this sweet project. Be sure to click on the links in the supply list to see all the new releases this month!
Valentine Shaker Box Supplies
- Hey, Sweetie Shaker Sprinkles
- Simple Heart Shaker Die Set
- Forever + Always 6×6 Paper Pack
- Clear Acetate Sheets
- Double Sided Adhesive Craft Foam
- Crossover II Die Cutting Machine
- House Shadow Box (from Dollar Tree)
- Xyron Tape Runner
One thing I love about Maker’s Movement foam and dies are that you can place the paper on the foam (the adhesive backing really sticks!) and then cut it all together to get the perfect fit. You can add any miniature critter or doll to hold the “balloon”, but I used on of my handmade party animals. You can find them on my Etsy shop, or see my latest makes on my Instagram feed.
How I made these:
- Trim paper to fit the shadow box. Attach using Xyron tape runner.
- Cut paper to make a “shelf” on the bottom of the box. Score the paper into a rectangular shape and attach to the shadow box.
- Put the patterned paper on the foam sheets. Die cut the letters to spell “love” and stick on the “bench” using the foam’s adhesive backing.
- Die cut the pieces for the shaker heart, assemble, and use the double sided foam to attach to the box.
- Add a bit of twine and the mini figure.