Make your own funny vinyl plant markers using StyleTech Craft vinyls. This is a sponsored post but all ideas and opinions are my own.
I’ve been doing lots of gardening lately, from my flower beds to my front porch to my vegetable garden. I label the areas where I plant seeds, but I always thought it would be humorous to add some funny tags to the real ones. When I found plastic plant tags at Dollar Tree I immediately realized how easy it would be to customize them with vinyl.
Funny Vinyl Plant Markers Supplies
- Luster Vinyl in a variety of vibrant colors
- Transfer Tape
- Plastic plant markers (Dollar Tree)
- Cutting Machine
- Vinyl Tools
- Design Studio or similar program
My absolute favorite vinyl line from StyleTech Craft is the Luster vinyl. This vinyl has a GORGEOUS sheen and color options. I’ve used it on other outdoor projects, like vinyl decals for my car, and know that this vinyl holds up extremely well in the Texas heat.
This project was quick once I finally decided what I wanted to say on my plant markers. That was the hardest part of this! There are so many snarky options that I couldn’t decide which to start with.
- Measure your plant tags and create a rectangle in a size that will fit them. These are 2 inches wide by 1.25 inches tall.
- Choose an easy to read, large font and write the slogan in the rectangle.
- Cut the vinyl using the “glossy vinyl” setting.
- Weed the vinyl. Remove the letters so that the negative space shows. Notice all the tiny spots in letters like “B” and “A”? You lose these itty bitty details with lots of other vinyl lines, but not StyleTech Craft. I love how easy they are to weed and that I don’t lose small details.
Use transfer tape to add the labels to the plant markers. Enjoy! Have fun crafting and creating your own funny vinyl plant markers.