Whisk shaped jewelry is the perfect handmade gift for someone who loves to cook or bake. This project is very easy and requires minimal jewelry making skills!
I recently participated in a fun Christmas in July Craft Exchange hosted by Happy Hour Projects. I was paired up with the amazing Dawn over at DJ’s Sugar Shack. I had a ton of fun creating my gifts for her, which I posted about here, and I had even more fun opening my awesome package from her! You can read more about that here.
Since Dawn bakes, I decided to try to copy an idea I’d seen on Etsy and give her whisk earrings and a whisk pendant! I was pleasantly surprised that it actually worked out…I’d worried it might be a craft fail. I don’t typically make jewelry, so if I can do this, you can, too!
Start with jewelry wire.
1. Wrap it around your fingers 6-8 times.
2. Pinch one end together as pictured.
3. Wrap the wire around the pinched end multiple times.
4. Tighten the coiled wire, cut the end and tuck it in.
5. Move the looped pieces to form a whisk shape. This is actually the most time consuming step, especially if you’re a perfectionist!!
Now you can add a jump ring for a necklace or earring hooks.
I think you’ll agree that this project is fast and frugal, yet still looks fabulous!!