Make your own DIY Bunny Peeps Plush in any color or style you want with these free patterns.
Peeps come in an amazing range of colors, shapes, and flavors. This year I even found Dr. Pepper flavored Peeps that I nabbed for my child who loves the drink. The creators of these puffy sweets have fun coming up with new ways to make their candy, so feel free to make yours in any fabric or pattern that you love!
Since I love Halloween, I couldn’t resist making a Ghost Face Peep! I’ve always thought that the nose on the candy peeps made it look like the bunnies were shocked or screaming, and that inspired the optional pattern that I included with this project. My fabric got caught and one eye is stretched out, but it kind of adds to the creepiness of the mask! The pattern has the correct eyes.
DIY Bunny Peeps Plush Supplies
- Free Pattern for Peeps Plushie Toy
- Fairfield World’s Poly-Fil Fiber Fill
- Fabric of Choice (1/2 yard)
- Plastic Safety Eyes
- Scream Ghost Face Bunny Peep Free Pattern
I’ve created a short video tutorial that shows how to make your own Peeps plushie toy. Here’s an overview of the steps to take:
- Print the pattern onto a regular sized sheet of paper. (Feel free to enlarge it as needed to make a larger plush toy).
- Trace the pattern onto the fabric twice, making one bunny for the front and one for the back.
- Cut out the shapes. Also cut a strip of the fabric that is 2 inches wide by 32 inches long.
- Use the pattern to mark where the eyes go on one of the fabric bunnies. Cut a hole and insert the plastic safety eyes.
- Pin the strip of fabric to the front of the bunny with the right sides of the fabric facing each other. Stitch around the edge.
- Place the back of the bunny plush onto the sewn bunny with the right sides together. Pin the edges in place and sew. Leave an opening at the bottom of the fabric strip edge.
- Fill the Peeps plushie with Poly-Fil Fiber Fill. Fill the ears first, then the rest of the stuffed toy.
- Hand sew the bottom opening closed.
These adorable little bunny peeps are snuggly and unique! Have fun crafting your own plushies!