Don’t laugh, but this post is going to be hard for me.
I don’t really like talking about myself, and I tend to stick to just tutorials on my blog.
But two lovely fellow bloggers have nominated me for two awards,
so I’m going to play along.
I’ll try not to bore you.
And, because I’m a teacher, there will be a quiz at the end of the post.
So take notes.
Kristin at A Vintage Fairy gave me this first award. I am so pleased she thought of me because I really admire her work. I love her shabby chic style and her sweet personality comes through in her posts.
Here’s the description of the award:
The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 5 things about themselves.
2. Choose 5 people and link them in your post.
3. Go to their page and tell them.
4. Remember, no tag backs!
DJ at DJ’s Sugar Shack gave me this second award. I wish I lived near DJ so I could sample the awesome treats she features on her blog. Do not go to her blog when you are hungry. Don’t say I didn’t warn you! Her posts always make my mouth water!
If you get the award here’s what you have to do: 1. Thank the person that gave you the award in a blog post and link back to their blog 2. Pass the award on to 15 bloggers you follow 3. Include 7 random things about yourself in your post 4. Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog
OK, now that the official bla-bla-bla is over, let’s get on with the show. Here are 12 amazing, never heard before, scintillating random facts about me:
1. I was born in Pozzuoli, Italy, and have dual Italian and American citizenship. I am also trilingual: English, Italian, and Spanish. 2. I was an elementary school teacher (and named Bilingual Teacher of the Year for my area district one year!) After I got my master’s degree I became an Assistant Principal. 3. I presently have the hardest but best job I’ve ever held: CEO of Casa Hockley.
4. My husband and I love Halloween and dress up every year.
5. We are also swing dancers (NOT swingers!) and like to listen to big band music and cut a rug.
6. I love to travel and have visited many countries, including the Republic of Georgia, China, Australia, and Costa Rica…it’s a long list so I’ll stop there!
7. I am a karateka and earned my brown belt while training in Okinawa, Japan.
8. I like to laugh and look for the silver lining.
9. My kids love to craft, too, which makes me so happy!
10. I am a proud soccer mom.
11. I love my Silhouette cutting machine more than I love my husband. Ha! Kidding! Just checking to see if you were still reading!
12. I am a big picture person. When I craft (or really, do anything!) I start with an idea of the finished product and figure out the details as I go along.
So, that’s it. Did I put you to sleep? If you still have a pulse, please check out these awesome blogs I follow!