This cotton candy costume is the sweetest!!! Learn how to make your own with this easy to follow tutorial.
Ever since I made a Thing 1 and Thing 2 wig using Poly-Fil Fiber Fill, I’ve been looking for ways to use this product in other DIYs. Everyone loves cotton candy, and after making my faux smoke bomb pumpkins I decided to go big with my next project. This cotton candy costume is easy to make and my daughter said it was very comfy and easy to wear!
Cotton Candy Costume Tutorial Supplies
- Fairfield World Poly-Fil Fiber Fill Box
- Large t-shirt
- Fabric Swim Cap
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Candy Pink Spray Paint
- Oly-Fun Craft Sheet in Snow White
Watch my short video tutorial to see exactly how I made this fun costume. Here is a brief summary of the steps I took:
- Hot glue the fiber fill onto the shirt. Be sure to watch the video for pointers on how to layer the Poly-Fil.
- Glue the stuffing onto the swim cap.
- Spray paint the Poly-Fil fiber fill using the candy pink paint. Add paint as needed to intensify the color.
- Make a cone and hot glue it to the cap.
Wear a light pink long sleeved shirt under the costume, and add pink pants or leggings. I brushed glittery highlighter all over her face and put on sparkly lip gloss to make her shine like sugar. Her hair has been pulled back and tucked away inside the swim cap.
She couldn’t stop giggling when she put this costume on! She had fun showing it off to all her brothers, and she said she felt like the Stay-Puffed Marshmallow man. This unique costume is fun to make and even more fun to wear! Looking for more Halloween costume DIY ideas? I have loads of them…check out my past projects for more unique costume ideas for kids, adults, couples, and families!