This resin cake topper DIY tutorial shows you how easy it is to make a custom piece for your next party! This is a sponsored post with Plaid Crafts.
I love to create my own custom party decor! Birthdays are a time to celebrate each individual, so why not make the party as special as the birthday child? I have been having loads of fun crafting party animals to decorate cakes and cupcakes with (find them in my Etsy shop) and now I can FINALLY make my own cake toppers to go with them!
YAY! Plaid Crafts has released an awesome new line of resin craft products. Their resin is FOOD SAFE as long as it is clear and has no additives, so you can use it for a ton of projects like this resin cake topper DIY! Now you can spell anything you want and put it on a cake, or create a cake topper with colors and designs that match your party’s theme. The possibilities are amazing!!!
Resin Cake Topper DIY Supplies
- Mod Podge Resin
- Mod Podge Alphabet Silicon Molds
- Mod Podge Coaster Molds
- Mod Podge Alcohol Inks in various colors
I made a fun, short video with all the details for this project. Check it out:
Some things to keep in mind when working with resin:
- Wear gloves and work in a well ventilated area
- Protect your work surface and use disposable cups and sticks
- Never pour left over resin in your sink! Let the resin dry in the container and then throw the dried stuff away.
- Always measure carefully to ensure you have equal parts from both bottles, otherwise it won’t set correctly.
- Mix the resin slowly to minimize air bubbles.
I just love how cute and colorful these resin cake toppers are! The coaster silicone mold is perfect for creating a base, and the letters are just the right size for crafting custom message on the cake.
Have fun crafting and creating decor for your next party!