Learn how to use my plush yeti pattern that’s available for free on bags of Poly-Fil Fiber Fill.
If you’ve picked up a new bag of Poly-Fil Fiber Fill lately, you might have noticed the new adorable FREE patterns that are available on the bags, like this snuggly sasquatch! I had an absolute blast dreaming up and creating these patterns, and it thrills me to see that so many of you are having fun with these free patterns and Poly-Fil.
This furry friend brings smiles, snuggles, and lots of opportunities for imaginative play! Use different fur fabric colors and different faces to create adorably unique sasquatch plushies.
Plush Yeti Pattern DIY Supplies
- Faux Fur Fabric from Shannon Fabrics
- Felt sheet
- Heat Set Vinyl or Embroidery Floss
- Poly-Fil Fiber Fill
- Cut the body from the faux fur fabric. For best results, use a craft knife on the fabric backing to minimize fur cutting.
- Cut the face piece using felt fabric.
- Customize the face. This is where you can let your creativity shine! Cut the eyes and mouth using heat set vinyl, or use embroidery floss to stitch a face on.
- Arrange and pin the face onto the body. Hand stitch the face in place.
- Put the front and back sides of the sasquatch together with the fur fabric facing out. Hand Stitch the two pieces together, leaving an opening at the top of the head.
- Fill the body with Poly-Fil fiber fill. Push the fiber fill into the big feet and the hands before filling the arms, legs, and body. Hand stitch the opening closed.
You can make these in a variety of colors and with different faces to create your own “flock” of yeti. Use shorter brown fur to make a sasquatch plushie instead! I love to see how you use my patterns! Please tag me or send me a pic so we can celebrate your DIY together. Head to Hobby Lobby to find my four free patterns that are available exclusively on bags of Poly-Fil Fiber Fill!