I looooove to prank my kids on April Fool’s Day. One of my first posts that “went viral” was my fake roach prank (see #1 on the list below!) That one was so effective that I managed to scare MYSELF at least once with it. I forgot I had placed a roach on the guest bathroom counter and got startled when I went in there to clean up later. Ha! I think it’s even more fun when you get in on the joke, too. Getting pranked is just as fun as pranking others.
Since then I have gone on to create a LOT of pranks to surprise my family with. It gets harder to surprise them each year because they know to expect some sort of shenanigans from me. They’ve even started having fun pranking me, which I LOVE!
I’ve rounded up my pranks from years past to share some of my favorite projects here with you. Since I’m always looking for new ideas, I added in some other fun ideas I found. Hopefully one of these ideas will inspire you. Have fun crafting and pranking on April Fool’s Day!!
- DIY Roach Prank (that looks so real!)
- Fake Poop DIY Prank (made with a common household item!
- Easy Bug Prank (with free printable)
- Bertie Botts Prank Every Scent Melts
- Creepy Toilet Prank
- Alien In a Jar Prank (with free printable!)
- Fake Chocolate Eggs Prank
- Fake Spilled Juice Prank
- Roadkill Dessert Gag (you can eat this prank!)
- Googly Eye Bombing (fun all year round)
- Quick & Simple Prank (takes a minute to make!)
- 50 Funny April Fool’s Prank Ideas
- Fifteen of the Best April Fool’s Pranks to Pull
- 48 Harmless April Fool’s Pranks
What are some of your favorite pranks to pull for April Fool’s Day? I’d love to know! Leave a comment and share your idea.